Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Time to Embrace

A Time To Embrace by Karen Kingsbury

Karen Kingsbury is one of my favorite authors, and this book only reinforced that opinion. It is the sequel to her book “A Time to Dance.” John Reynolds is a high school football coach. He and his wife Abby have recently repaired a marriage that is falling apart and are more in love than ever. However, just as things become great for the Reynolds family, John begins receiving letters questioning his coaching ability and threatening his job. Before long an even bigger tragedy strikes testing the faith of all involved. This is an incredible story of forgiveness, hope, and the incredible faithfulness of God.
I absolutely loved this book. You fall in love with all of the characters right from the beginning. They just seem so genuine and real and you want the best for them. This book made me cry on a series of occasions because Karen Kingsbury creates characters that are easy to relate to and feel for. I also loved that this book, though a fictional story, held so many deep spiritual truths that could be taken away. I completely recommend this and also suggest that you read the first book in the series as well.

Thomas Nelson Publishers provided me with a free copy of this book for review but all opinions within the review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment