Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Love on a Dime

So I joined a great program called booksneeze. I am provided with a book in exchange for my review of it. I am thoroughly enjoying it so far. Below is my review of the first book I read, "Love on a Dime."

Love on a Dime by Cara Lynn James
Lilly is a young socialite growing up in New England taken with penning dime novels using a pen name, an activity that is very looked down upon by those in the wealthy society in which she loves. As this conflict is occurring, her former love appears in her life once again, only to find her courting a rich young man who doesn’t seem right for her. This story tells Lilly’s journey as she learns to trust God with her career, and her love life in her materialistic, appearance-consumed culture.

Though a bit predictable, this book caught my attention from the beginning and held it all the way through. The characters were easy to connect with and I felt for Lilly as she struggled with trusting God and letting go of her fears of what others think. The love story was a great part of the plot because it was sweet, yet conflict-filled, which added suspense to the novel. I would highly recommend this book for some light, enjoyable reading.

Thomas Nelson Publishing provided me with a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for my review, however all opinions within the review are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment